A growing manufacturing plant in Greer, SC is looking for a Mechanical Engineer/Technical Manager.
Key job responsibilities:
- Design and plan layouts of equipment, duct, and piping systems, driving the development of
- advanced and hyper efficient HVAC design from initial concept through construction by using
- drafting tools or computer-assisted drafting equipment or software.
- Develop and operate models for HVAC systems to assess feasibility, sustainability, energy usage,
- potential new applications, or necessity of modification.
- Oversee HVAC product certification including safety (UL/ETL) and performance (AHRI).
- Prepare project estimates for design, equipment, installation, labor, materials, and other related
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance of HVAC projects
- Engage or involve in several levels of field engineering, assisting with project execution, trade
- coordination, scheduling, document management and commissioning.
- Troubleshoot advanced HVAC system, including mechanical, electrical, software, and remote
- monitoring issues to diagnose faulty operation and to ensure that machines or equipment are
- installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Collaboration with other teams to provide first class customer service.
- Employee will supervise 1 (one) applications engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Proficient in HVAC mechanical design fundamentals and system applications such as
- Revit/AutoCAD, Microsoft office suite.
- Proficient knowledge of practical mechanical and engineering techniques.
- Proficient knowledge in monitoring systems and protocols as related to HVAC systems, such as
- SNMP, BACnet, Modbus.
- Familiarity with UL safety standards as related to HVAC
- Familiarity with NEC and NFPA, specifically as related to HVAC installation and application
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Good data analytical skills
- Customer centric attitude and good communication skills
- Resilience and ability to work well under pressure and tight schedules
- Expertise with safety agency and ul safety standards, especially related to HVAC (2 years)